Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mondays with Meghan: Thoughts on Eyes Like Stars



Meghan: Okay, so technically its Tuesday, but I was busy yesterday. Someone put purple hair dye in my shampoo, and now my head looks like an easter egg. I guess its tragically fitting for today's review.

Ash: I think its kinda cute, actually.

Meghan: *sigh* Thank you. Is Puck still locked out of the house?


Ash: Yes.

Meghan: Good. I hope it rains. Moving on.

So, this isn't going to be a true review, just my thoughts so far on Lisa Mantchev's EYES LIKE STARS. There were lots of positive reviews circulating the internet, so I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.

So far, I'm up to page 118, and it seems the plot is starting to pick up. In the beginning, it was a little confusing with all the stage scenes and changes, and I was left wondering what was going on. But now the real plot has been revealed, and I'm eager to see what happens next.


Bertie is a likable heroine; mischeiveous, daring, a little on the brash side. (Reminds me of someone I know actually, *coughPuckcough*). She's always into some sort of trouble, usually of her own making, and always has some plot up her sleeve. Nate the pirate is a likable guy, a good character, and a solid love interest, but the four crazy, hyperactive fairies are easily my favorite part of the story. Though I do feel sorry for Bertie now and then. I know how it is, Bertie, I know how it is.

Thumbs up so far. Now, back to reading.

Ash: I think I saw lightning.

Meghan: *snickers and ignores frantic pounding on door*

1 comment: